'Tere Bina': Thank You, Salman Khan, For Giving Us Some Much Needed Cringe Content



Have you heard about Tommy Wiseau's The Room? No? Well, it is a 2003 movie that is written and directed by Wiseau. And he's the lead in it as well. It is one of the worst movies of all time but it is highly rewatchable. Why? Because Wiseau is so serious about what he's doing. However, he doesn't have the required expertise to display his seriousness in a coherent way, thereby leading to 100-minute cringe fest. Salman Khan is creating his The Room with his YouTube channel and by making songs like 'Pyaar Karona' and 'Tere Bina'.

When I watched 'Pyaar Karona', I tried to reason with myself that maybe Salman is trying to distract us from all the atrocities that are going around due to the Coronavirus. Yes, the song is horrible, the singing is horrible, and everything about it is just horrible. But at least he's in a room making these music videos. Now, with 'Tere Bina', he has somehow roped in Jacqueline Fernandez (who BTW has already tortured Indians with Mrs. Serial Killer this month) and made her do menial jobs in his farmhouse and tried to pass it off as a romantic story? WTF? That's right, there is a story in it and I'm not going to give away the twist at the end.

I am going to be honest, I love cringe content. I often find myself watching cringey TikTok video compilations and laughing at them. Now, if I am getting cringe content with a superstar in it, who am I to complain? Bring it on Salman. You do you. I am sure Tommy Wiseau will be proud of you and may even want to collaborate with you to make some world class cringe content. And I truly wish that I get to be a fly on the wall, physically or virtually, while you two have that conversation.

Cover image source: Salman Khan/YouTube

Comments

Popular Posts